Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes
Bounds on linear codes [254,22] over GF(2)
ConstructionConstruction type: GraX
Construction of a linear code [254,22,104] over GF(2):
: [14, 1, 14] Cyclic Linear Code over GF(2)
RepetitionCode of length 14
: [240, 21, 104] "Goppa code (r = 96)" Linear Code over GF(2)
GoppaCode with 240 points over GF(256) and polynomial x^96 + x^66 + x^36 + x^6 where w := GF(256).1
: [240, 23, 90] "Goppa code (r = 72)" Linear Code over GF(2)
GoppaCode with 240 points over GF(256) and polynomial x^72 + x^52 + x^42 + x^32 + x^22 + x^2 where w := GF(256).1
: [240, 22, 90] Linear Code over GF(2)
SubcodeBetweenCode of dimension 22 of  and 
: [254, 22, 104] Linear Code over GF(2)
ConstructionX using   and 
last modified: 2020-10-17
From Brouwer's table (as of 2007-02-13)
Lb(254,22) = 103 is found by truncation of:
Lb(255,22) = 104 Ch3
Ub(254,22) = 115 follows by a one-step Griesmer bound from:
Ub(138,21) = 57 BK
Detlef Berntzen & Peter Kemper, email, Feb. 1993.
Eric Chen, email July 2006.
- All codes establishing the lower bounds were constructed using
- Upper bounds are taken from the tables of Andries E. Brouwer, with the exception of codes over GF(7) with n>50.
For most of these codes, the upper bounds are rather weak.
Upper bounds for codes over GF(7) with small dimension have been provided by Rumen Daskalov.
- Special thanks to John Cannon for his support in this project.
- A prototype version of MAGMA's code database over GF(2) was
written by Tat Chan in 1999 and extended later that year by
Damien Fisher. The current release version was
developed by Greg White over the period 2001-2006.
- Thanks also to Allan Steel for his MAGMA support.
- My apologies to all authors that have contributed codes to this table for not giving specific credits.
- If you have found any code improving the bounds or some errors, please send me an e-mail:
codes [at] codetables.de
New Query |
This page is maintained by
Last change: 30.12.2011